The T5530/T5535 emergency combination shower and eye/face wash is a wall-mounted unit that includes an integrated mixing valve so that the plumbing can be run directly to the unit. The combination shower shall be manufactured of corrosion resistant materials. The integral valve assembly shall be nickel-plated brass unit with machined 1¼" connections with check valves for hot and cold-water inlet connections. It shall include a centrally located activator with universal ANSI compliant sign.
The integral valve assembly shall control outlet temperature over a wide range of flow and shall be suitable for combination shower applications in order to comply with the latest ANSI/ISEA Z358.1 requirements. Temperature adjustment shall be vandal resistant.
The control mechanism shall employ a liquid-filled thermostatic motor to drive the valve without additional power requirements. The control mechanism shall employ a stainless steel sliding piston control device with reverse seat closure and both fixed and variable cold-water bypass.
In the event of interruption of the cold water supply, the control mechanism closes off the hot water port, stopping all flow (POSITIVE HOT WATER SHUTOFF). In the event of interruption of the hot water supply, the control mechanism shall allow cold flow through both the fixed and variable bypass. In the event that the liquid motor fails, the control mechanism closes off the hot water port with the reverse seat and fully opens the internal variable bypass to allow cold-water flow.
The bowl assembly shall include a First Aid Red ABS or Stainless Steel bowl. The spray heads shall be PVC with dust caps and designed to flow at the specified flow rate. The spray heads shall be incorporated into a Quick Switch Eyewash Block that can be easily removed and serviced, allowing the supply piping to be flushed. The Quick Switch Eyewash Block shall be a single supply source eyewash to ensure symmetrical and equal flow through each spray head.
The unit shall include a First Aid Red ABS or Stainless Steel showerhead designed to give the user uniform and non-forceful flow over the entire coverage area at 20 gpm at 30psi. A stainless steel pull handle connected to the nickel-plated ball valve accomplishes activation of the shower.
The unit shall include two wall mounting brackets. It shall be installed at the correct height to get the individual components to the correct elevations per ANSI/ISEA Z358.1. The emergency combination station shall be installed level and be self- draining to hinder bacteria growth. The station shall also be independently certified to meet the latest ANSI/ISEA Z358.1 requirements.
- ASSE1071 Thermostatic Emergency Mixing Valve integrated into the CORE of the Barrier Free Combination Shower & Eye/Face Wash Station
- Thermostatic control at the fixture
- Eliminates the need to specify or install separate mixing valve
- Tepid to the Core Barrier Free Combination Shower & Eye/Face Wash Station provides universal access
- ABS bowl and shower head resist chemicals; “First Aid Red” provides high visibility
- Stainless Steel bowl and shower head options (See Data Sheet)
- Both shower heads feature a uniform “non-forceful” ANSI-compliant spray pattern and flow rate that increases comfort and promotes proper use
- Self-draining eyewash block reduces bacteria growth
- Dust covers protect eyewash block when not in use
- Centrally located activator is easy to find if sight is impaired
- Nickel plated stay-open ball valve ensures uninterrupted flow
- Integral spray diverter equalizes flow to each spray head
- Extended Stainless Steel Pull Handle activates flow
- Choice of epoxy, galvanized, or stainless steel piping
- ANSI-compliant signage included with each unit
Documents and guides: